Geeting from Cambodia!
We are so glad that you have found the web site of the Cambodian Children's Advocacy Foundation (CCAF). We would like to introduce you our new website. Please click the link www.ccaf-kh.org. We would like to thank you very much for your time to view our programs.
News: We would like to make announcement that since January 2014, the The Buddhist Library and Meditation Centre has supported salary our twelve pre-school teachers and a Education Unit Supervisor. Today, the foundation has agreed to support the salary for the thirteenth pre-school teacher in Lork Village, Kampong Trach District, Kampot Province. This support has given the opportunity for children to participate in early childhood education program. CCAF would like to thank them very much.
Donation: This year, CCAF face much challenges for carrying out our program. This is due to lack of fund to cover the operation cost. All our donors (this year) support salary for staffs but not with traveling and other costs. While we are conducting fundraising, today CCAF received a donation from our Vice-Chairman of BoG Robert Kingston. We thank him very much for his support our program. Robert Kingston is not only gives donation but he spent times to contact charities, editing report and proposal and visit CCAF. We wish him all the best!
Partnership with a charity in Hong Kong:
Achievements from Jan-May-2014
2. Partnership: We would like to announce that CCAF is a partnership with Omprakash the foundation is a tax-exempt non-profit organization registered under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Please visit the website to learn more details www.omprakash.org. Thank you very much.
3.1 Activities of pre-school: After the education Kiosks were built, children enjoy learning at these new pre-school classrooms very much. As the school year 2013-2014 will be ended in July, our pre-school classes have completed the Khmer alphabet lesson, and are begin to teach English for these rural pre-school students. Here are some photos showing the activities.
3.2 Construction of the education Kiosk for community pre-school: Three communities education shelters (Kiosks) were built in the three different villages that are located in Prey Krala, Sre Prey and Damnak Chambak villages, Banteay Meas District, Kampot Province, South in Cambodia. The IDEA Foundation Limited, donors and friends in H.K, and the local commune councils granted these pre-schools buildings project. CCAF was very pleased that we were part of this activity. CCAF please to report that we are running 13 pre-schools in Kampot Province, Cambodia.
4. Announcement: Our management team would like to take this opportunity to thank Vic and Barby Ulmer who are the founders and co-directors of our developing world (odw) for their support CCAF.
our developing world (odw) an US tax deductible non-profit is taking CCAF under its fiscal sponsorship. For tax purposes thank you messages will acknowledge the amount of donation and the odw tax ID number.
odw has led many Reality Tours since 1980 including several to Cambodia and is offering this fiscal sponsorship because it is so impressed with the work of CCAF. Please view odw website at the link page to view their work.
2013 marks as the last year of our funding partnership with the Methodist Relief and Development Fund (MRDF). CCAF would like to thank donors, all staff and management team of the MRDF for support the vulnerable families in the CCAF target area, Kampot Province, Cambodia. What we had achieved through the funding from MRDF from 2007-2013:
1. The family fishpond project: 43 vulnerable families in Banteay Meas District, Kampot Province, Cambodia received support for this project .
2. Effective Micro-organism (EM) Training: 365 farmers in Kampot and Kampong Speu provinces participated in training on making organic fertilizer using the EM technique.
3. Family Chicken Farm Project: 354 vulnerable families in Banteay Meas and Chumkiri districts, Kampot Province have benefited from this project.
4. MRDF supported the capacity building to CCAF including improvement of financial management, development of strategic plan and mushroom cultivation project.
Report: Please view our major achievement 2007-2013. We thank all donors (charities and individual donors) who have supported our programs. Report-2007-2013
@2007-2013 The Cambodian Children's Advocacy Foundation. Registered Number # 419, dated March 28, 2006
Office: # 225, Street 2001, Sangkat Kakab, Khan Posenchey, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
P.O Box 850, Postal Code 12000
Office phone: (++855) 23 890 186
Cell phone: (++855) 16 811 720